Fruit flies often cause a nuisance in most households. These little flies reproduce at a mammoth rate, meaning there are always more on the way no matter what.
I know that fruit flies come around more when fruit is left out and since there are tons of seasonal fruits you may be seeing these little guys more often. Fortunately, it’s easy to get rid of them by making a simple trap by stuff you already have around the house.
This process of getting rid of them is SUPER simple. All you need is two simple ingredients and a couple minutes to make this cheap, efficient, and easy fruit fly trap!
What You’ll Need:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dish soap
- A sheet of paper
- Glass jar
- First, take a sheet of paper, roll into into a funnel shape then tape it.
- Grab a tall glass jar and pour the apple cider vinegar inside up to quarter level.
- Squeeze a little bit of dish soap into the jar and mix it a bit. The dish soap will break the surface tension of the liquid so the flies can’t climb out fly away when they’re done.
- Put your paper funnel above the jar then tape around the edge so the flies have no way of escaping.
- Now you wait. The apple cider vinegar scent will attract the fruit flies to fly inside.